About the League
President's Greeting …
Welcome to the wonderful 2017-2018 season of the New West Symphony and the New West Symphony League. We look forward to making beautiful music together with our orchestra's stunning musical line-up, as well as the League's many exciting, upcoming activities.
I am thrilled to be the incoming President of the New West Symphony League. I take your trust in me very seriously and am committed to making this an unforgettable time for our orchestra and its community and educational programs! My vision is simple: I intend to sustain a dedicated group of volunteers that will make the New West Symphony highly visible in our community and beyond. I hope we never have to ask people if they know we exist. I want everyone to cherish classical music and the way our orchestra interprets it, as a true gift and treasure, right here in our beautiful community.
You and your friends are warmly invited to attend our monthly Board Meetings, see what we are doing, and join us in our commitment. We have added several new members, but there is always room for more!
Denise J. Danne, Ed. D.
- Serve on major event committees: invitations, publicity, entertainment, décor, mailings, auction items, reservations, etc.
- Plan and implement small-venue events for The Pleasure of Your Company, an annual series of summertime events held in private homes, gardens and other interesting destinations.
- Plan trips and outings
- Meet the Artist: Assist, provide refreshments
- Recruit and welcome new members
- Assist in preparing and mailing the annual directory
- Pre-Concert Dinners: reservations, table décor, greet guests
- Symphony Notes (newsletter): articles, design & composition, proofreading, mailing
- Telephone tree
- Assist with Community Outreach events, and the League table on concert evenings
- Assist with school programs, be a Music Van docent
- Usher at Symphonic Adventures programs for local schoolchildren
- Assist in New West Symphony office with phones, mailings, computer, etc.
For more information, please give me a call: 818-735-9962 or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org